From academics and extracurricular activities to community service, the students at IU Bloomington are making their voices heard and helping to shape the future on and off campus.
- IU Bloomington film students taught by Robby Benson launched a crowdfunding campaign to fund production for 13 short films.
- This year’s IU Bloomington Law Day was once again one of the largest recruitment events in the nation for law schools seeking perspective students.
- International students shared their cultures and traditions with the rest of campus at the seventh annual IU Bloomington World’s Fare.
- Indiana University was again among the nation’s top institution for producing Fulbright and Fulbright-Hays grant winners, according to the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. IU’s Fulbright recipients include students in a variety of disciplines who are slated to visit 15 different countries in the coming year.
- Five students from the IU Bloomington School of Public and Environmental Affairs were named as Smiley Scholars. The scholarships, now in their fifth year, were established by Travis Smiley, the broadcaster and author who is among the school’s most notable alums.
- The annual student-run IU Dance Marathon raised a record $2.6 million for Riley Hospital for Children. More than 3,000 students participated in the 36-hour event.