What does it mean to be one IU? On the surface, it's simple. We're all members of the Indiana University community. But being a community runs deeper than a shared environment. It is a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and a steadfast unity in the following beliefs:
- We believe in every person's intrinsic dignity and worth.
- We believe we are united by tolerance, kindness, and common bonds.
- We believe the diversity of our community makes us stronger.
- We believe we are enriched by the many paths that bring us here from around the globe.
- We believe in academic inquiry, open discussion, and respectful, open-hearted disagreement.
- We believe that while we may disagree on many positions, we do agree on our common humanity.
- We believe in the need to seek and find common ground.
We are all Hoosiers—without exception. We show each other kindness, respect, and compassion.
We are one IU.