Multimedia & Podcasting Intern
Job description: The Multimedia & Podcasting Intern in the IU Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President will book and interview guests, be proficient in recording clean audio and sound mixing (Adobe Audition or similar DAW, ability to record high-quality audio in a variety of settings), conduct research, and edit interviews (thorough knowledge of story mechanics/how to thoughtfully develop a narrative) for the following podcasts: Through the Gates, The Sample, and Stories from Home (including booking Stories from Home mobile podcasting studio and coordinating placement and functioning of equipment).
This position will also coordinate specific segments of IU 2020, a four-year documentary series focused on 12 students that supports several elements of the Bicentennial Strategic Plan for IU Bloomington. This intern will schedule interview and b-roll shoots with IU 2020 students alongside the student intern team, including daylong “day in the life” segments. Excellent writing skills and graphic design skills a plus.
Necessary: superior time management skills, weekend availability, the ability to work collaboratively and to gracefully take direction and edits, and the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment. Must check IU email frequently and respond as soon as possible on availability for assignments as they arise.
Qualifications & preferred skills
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- a proficiency in video/video-editing, podcast recording/editing, and photography/photo-editing,
- excellent written communication skills,
- the ability to professionally interact with IU administrators, faculty staff, visitors and alums,
- attention to detail and deadlines,
- the ability to write, interview, and shoot for different audiences.
Work Schedule: 10-15 hours/week (25 maximum allowed) including weekend and evening hours as needed; intern meeting and office hours required
Employment start/end date: Negotiable
Application instructions: Interested applicants should the following materials to Ethan Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 4 examples of photography
- 1-2 completed short film examples (will accept a 1-2 minute demo reels, a completed documentary, a journalist piece, or narrative short film)
- 2-4 mixed audio recordings or an audio demo reel