Multimedia & Special Projects Intern
Job description: The Multimedia & Special Projects Intern in the IU Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President will primarily shoot and edit videos and photos and schedule and conduct interviews for the Class of 2020 Project. Intern will transcribe Class of 2020 video interviews, and will be expected to thoroughly document all collected 2020 material. Interest in helping with special projects from the Arts & Humanities Council and IU is Home a plus. Previous professional experience required, strong interest in storytelling and an eagerness to learn preferred.
Qualifications & preferred skills
- Proficiency in capturing video and photography, as well as editing in Adobe After Effects
- Experience with filming equipment and cameras
- Collaborative contributor as part of a team with ability to also work independently
- Ability to gracefully take direction and edits
- Excellent time management skills
- Must check email frequently and respond promptly
- Ability to professionally interact with IU faculty, staff, visitors, students, and alums
- Evening and weekend ability a plus
Work Schedule: 10-15 hours/week
(25 maximum allowed); 10 of these must be in-office hours
Employment start date: September 2019
Employment end date: One-year (2 semester) commitment preferred
Application instructions: Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and two produced videos, and 6 examples of photography to Ethan Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org.