Now Hiring: Communications and Special Projects Intern
The Communications and Special Projects Intern in the IU Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President will support the office strategic communications plan through information gathering/research, content creation/editing for websites, newsletters, social media, feature stories and news releases, and other duties as assigned. Intern will primarily interview sources, write, copy edit, and help organize information. Skills or interest in photography, video, social media, and graphic design welcome. Necessary: excellent time management skills, the ability to work collaboratively with broader intern team (social, graphic design, multimedia, web) and to gracefully take edits, as well as the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
Strong candidates will demonstrate clear, engaging written communication skills; the ability to professionally interact with IU administrators, faculty and staff, and students; attention to detail and deadlines and the ability to write for different audiences.
- Supervisor: Jennifer Piurek, Director of Communications and Special Projects
- Work Schedule: 10-15 hours/week
(25 maximum allowed); flexible, including weekend and evening hours as needed
- Wage: $12 /hour
- Employment start date: Fall 2022 semester
- Employment end date: Spring 2023 semester (eligible for extension)
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Jennifer Piurek, email@example.com.